Sunday, April 15, 2012

Introduction

Hey all! This is my english project about abortion. It covers the methods of abortion, pro-life, pro-choice, religion and abortion, and development of a fetus (One of the roots of the debate consists of when the fetus is considered a baby. Some say conception, some say when the heart beats, and others say when the baby is born.) I chose to do abortion for a couple of reasons. One, I wanted to become informed. Two, it is a huge controversy. There were a lot of rumors flying around and I wanted to find out the facts.Three, I think this topic would be easier to persuade since we should use this topic for a persuasive essay also.
I thought that the research for this was going to be easy as cake. I was wronger than the Mayan calender! It was extremely difficult to find unbiased information to use. Most of the information that I saw either cost money to look at, or was biased. It was also difficult to find non-graphic pictures. So I mainly focused on political cartoons. They were biased (of coarse) but they served the purpose that I was looking for.
To sum it all up, this project was fun, yet educational. Who knew? I got to learn about abortion and become informed. It took a little hard work and praying that it goes well, but I pulled it off.
(:

Here is a picture of how many abortions there are per 1,000 live births in America.
To see how the world thought of abortion I found a picture of what the general laws were in each country.
I also wanted to see how many abortion clinics there were in each state so I found another picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment